25 February 2014

One Month Down, Only 2 Months Left


Two months from tomorrow I will be on a plane back to America. If these next two months go by as fast as the first one did, it's going to feel like a blink of an eye. I'm really worried that I'm not making the most of my time here. I haven't really travelled or gone anywhere or done anything too crazy yet. I did buy a skydiving groupon, so I know I'll be doing that, I just don't know when. Hopefully this week I'll plan some trips so I can see more of Australia than just the greater Sydney area.


Last weekend was quiet, which was a really nice change of pace. Since we've gotten into a schedule here, I've felt super busy all week long and barely had any time to relax. So last weekend I relaxed on Bondi beach most of the day Saturday and had a chill night just watching an Australian movie, which was horrible, by the way, with friends. On Sunday I had to get some homework done but afterwards, my roommate Abby and I went down to Sydney Harbor to get dinner and sight-see the touristy stuff like the bridge and the opera house.




Yesterday was my typical Monday with class all day, but we got out a little early. In my afternoon class we had a tour of China Town, and got let out early. The Chinese culture is incredibly interesting, but their food prep in the restaurant we saw, was super gross. I never want to see the inside of a pig or duck again..







Today I was in Botany for my internship and we had 5 patients before the day wrapped up. I'm trying to imagine myself doing this for the rest of my life and I still can't so here comes my anxiety again... AH! I'll probably just spend the rest of the day doing a little homework and reading. I've recently become engrossed in the Mortal Instruments series and just can't put them down; it's gotten very distracting.


Excited to climb the Sydney Harbor Bridge later this week! Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment